Really Real....

Hes a regular customer at my workplace....he lives his life with an " intellectual disability"  his speech slow, stuttered, sometimes hard to decipher.

I saw him early one morning sitting across the table from another man... they were eating breakfast..  I approached the table as a protector... always seeing my regular customer alone, his companion stirred a protective note in me...


I introduced myself to the stranger  and found myself looking into eyes i have  only seen a few times before... they were  sky blue with white clouds ...


I looked to my regular customer and smiled...I said to the stranger...." Did you know this gentleman across from you is an angel?"  The stranger looked at me and smiled... I got the idea i had seen this stranger before, somewhere, someplace and i said so... he just smiled....


I continued sharing with both men  a moment in my life that i will never forget....
   

" i met a woman one day standing on the shoreline, i had been swimming... she was standing above me on a small incline as i exited the water..she was very fair in complexion , dark hair with an amazing smile... she said to me.." you love it out there dont you?"   "OOO yes" i replied..  her smile lit the area around her and she said to me, " WE can hear you singing"   she stood alone" 

I continued on...saying to both men..." to this DAY i wonder if she was really real... or did i imagine her....my mind having a hard time understanding I may of encountered an angel....a visitor from the place we call heaven..."



I took a breath and continued...."I have come to realize that the master of the universe understands our  issues of faith and  disbelief, the minds of humanity unable to comprehend the infinite, so he sends most of his angels to earth in this form" I reached out and respectfully touched the shoulders of my regular customer...


The stranger look at me smiling and shook his head yes.... 



and then the regular customer with an" intellectual disability"  his speech slow, stuttered, sometimes hard to decipher, raises his head and looks to the stranger across the table from him and says just as crystal clear as can be , without hesitation or stutter, he says to the man with the blue eyes with white clouds, the stranger... 
    

           " Wow, what a way to start the day"...



I backed away from the table as the stranger affirmed the statement...looking at both men  with the knowledge.... I had , once again, witnessed the divine...



I thought of those two men yesterday when i took this picture.... the flowers on the very top of this tree,reaching for the blue sky, three of them....Love, joy and harmony..... and how much what i feel and what i see has changed since i allowed those three really real verbs to move into my life....

Comments

Unknown said…
Such an amazing story but of course your life is full of them. Most people just don’t notice or pay attention. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day