The Powerful Entity called Gratitude...

I was pulling into the bank in my little town on Oahu.. I looked into  my rear view mirror and saw an woman, older , with a back pack and cat carrier... I got out of my car and approached her...

" Hi, are u Homeless?" I asked, i glanced at her  beautiful cat that she had on a lease...." yes, I am", she replied.  My legs went weak, I sat down beside her and just  started to talk with her...

I'm not rich in money  so when i gave her all the money i had , it was only two dollars and some change.  She hadn't asked for it, i felt the need to give it to her.

She was soooo sooo grateful it brought tears to my eyes... She could buy cat food she said..   I talked to her a bit more and then left....


I went on about my way in the next little town, when my phone rang.....

   "Hello?"

"HI LEILANI, ITS JACKIE,  I BOUGHT YOU A NIKON!!"......


last year when i fell over a rock on the shoreline , my camera in hand, it knocked the focus off.... I needed another camera... and Jackie.. well Jackie, was part of this day, where an act of kindness, created a wave of gratitude, that provided one person to change my life.....I could never buy a Nikon on my income....


And so as i took the first of many captures with this beautiful new camera... I lifted my heart, my mind, my soul up in gratitude... so that maybe somewhere someplace on this planet my gratitude changed another persons life....



She was homeless, but her gratitude, shared with me, was a very powerful, powerful Entity....




Jackie... may your blessings be too many to count.... Thank you.... 



Sunset with the Nikon... in the place you and I call home North Shore, Oahu.....


                                   HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day