Forbidden Land...

Forbidden Land... the Hills and the Valley of Makua, Oahu... owned by the United States Government,  I mistakenly climb up to an ancient Hawaiian site thinking it was State property.. I wanted for soooo long to see what this group of rocks were, and if my ancestors could see the ocean from there... To my delight i saw that yes,they could of stood right where i was standing and see blue blue blue for miles!!! there is only one road in and out of this remote area and it cuts thru the land like a knife.. can u imagine the mystical magic that this place was years ago?! .... I had a few minutes of pure mystic up here before reality set in.  I was on government property, U.S. government property.... a NONO ... I climbed back down the mountain, thankful that I was able to see where those who came before me stood.



p.s.  This land, this valley has been the scene of much debate thru the years. The US Army used Makua Valley, Oahu  for live bomb training, the Hawaiian activist wanted this valley handed back to the Hawaiians. A compromise was set , the Army no longer  bombs this valley..... because this area is so remote the tour buses don't come out this way....BUT dolphins tours come out to the Ocean u see in this pic.. if you find yourself out there, look up and beyond the shoreline, to the mountain and the valley... this place, Makua Valley, Oahu, very sacred,very Hawaiian, very much Forbidden Land.

Comments

So they don't bomb the area anymore but its still their property and nobody is really allowed there. I smell a conspiracy theory. But I can imagine you felt the closeness to the land though.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day