Our Hearts...



I stand and watch the rising sun in the east, color the clouds of the North Shore, every year at this time I stand here and cannot believe how Waimea Bay, Oahu, rages during winter... I met my first wild and free bottle nose dolphin right here in ...the middle of this picture. As free as can be he, popped up in front of me.. "HI" .. I never heard him coming.. never saw a dorsal fin, he just was there. Looking into the eyes of the " other intelligent" creature who, has made their appearance to you, of their own accord is life changing.. I cannot explain to you what is in those eyes.. but I know they are more knowledgeable than I ... I wait expectantly for the waters of the bay to calm, to return to solid blue..I have come to understand that our heart beat sends out electrical impulses.. it is those impulses I think the dolphins sonars pick up and identify us by. Leave your boats and your kyaks and your boards on shore.. slip into the water, let the ocean and her creatures learn ur heartbeat.. I look forward to seeing in a short 2 months, if again, the beating of my heart calls to the dolphins, wild and free.....


Comments

I'm still quite happy enjoying summer, but I'm sure you can't wait for winter to leave so that you can get back in the water.
Leilani Tresise said…
yes Fire! lolol.. my muscles are now starting to scream... WATER WATER WATER!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day