Respect

It is Sunday morning 1-8-2012, early. With my little cloth camera bag adorned with turtles ,my new camera, a lantern and my beloved driftwood walking stick I make my way down the mountainside into the little cove called, Halona.

I love it here. This morning there were people, lots of them already there. A camera club had chosen this spot to catch and capture the sunrise. Cameras, expensive cameras and tripods galore, it was a surprise delight and I welcomed the company.


The last couple of years I have noticed the "awakening" I like to call it, of our place as humans on this planet. I watch as more and more people are out and about to witness the beauty of this planet. It is a good thing.
In the above picture you see one of the members of the camera club step to the shoreline to capture the glorious sunrise.......

This is the next shot.... hes gone.... Mother Nature in all her glory smack in the middle of sunrise made this guy grab his camera and run.... A WAVE... glorious wonderful whitewater, came barreling at him full speed...If there is ONE priceless lesson you will learn from Mother Nature, it is the word Respect.

We all chuckled and smiled. He will never ever step to the shoreline
again without using caution... Mother Nature not only gave him beautiful pictures, she also gave him a priceless lesson that someday may save his life.....



I am an island gal..........

Comments

Crazyfox65 said…
I so appreciate your pictures but they do make me so homesick for "home" in Hawaii that I almost choke up sometime...Thanks for the memories...
So so beautiful. I have an ordinary camera and often feel like hiding my camera when I see people with their fancy SLR's and lenses. But I then often realise that when I see some of their pictures afterwards that mine is actually better. But I'm off the topic. Some guy fell off a cliff on the Wild Coast of South Africa the other day trying to take a photo. He didn't show nature enough respect, me thinks.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day