A First...



Even being from Oahu, standing at Makua on the western tip of the island of Oahu is impressive. Its a beautiful beach.








In my entire life I had never swam here, Makua, home to many many dolphins. I took the plunge into these beautiful blue waters very carefully. The dolphins were swimming by the boat u see in the first picture, but it being my first time here in these waters, I just swam to get the feel of the ocean. When i turned to look toward shore, I was spellbound! Those mountains you see were very sacred to ancient Hawaiians. At this moment, in the water, I could see why.





There is a least a good mile of sand here, lots of native Hawaiians fishing, an occasional ATV riding by. Again as with many sacred places in Hawaii the quiet is deafening!




It would not surprise me one bit if I moved down here permanently. If I do, move here, it will be a HUGE step for me. But the beautiful blue water, this side of the island of Oahu?

God lives out here... he truly does.





I am an island gal.

Comments

Beautiful beach, calm sea and sacred mountains. Worth moving to if you ask me.
Leilani Tresise said…
Love that Fire , just love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day