Old and New

I have to park my car and walk 10 minuntes to get to the beach I call heaven... on the way back to my car on Saturday I was struck by this view...


In the background the ultra modern waterfalls of the Koolina Golf course~~~ street lights, paved road....


In the foreground... a railroad track a hundred years old at least...The Hawaiian Railroad was used to haul sugar cane and carry passengers and almost circled the whole island!




Then it occurred to me that this train in old Hawaii, took people to within STEPS of the beach i call Heaven...



I think in the new Hawaii....we goofed! We should of kept the train..... dumped the cars!










i am an island gal....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Years since last I was in a train travelling across the country.
Agree with you that it is indeed a wonderful mean of movement, maybe the second best, after feet.

Please have a wonderful Wednesday.
Nancy said…
We should have done the same here in Lake Tahoe.
We have the same problem here in South Africa. The railway system is falling in disrepair while transport is lacking. On the other side of the coin the tourist trains are thriving.
Barry said…
I love train travel too.

And I think I'd love Heaven too.
Every time I visit this blog I'm swept away to such a lovely place. Thank you for taking the time to write and post these pictures...It's so incredible peaceful.
Leilani Tresise said…
thanks you guy! each one of you keeps me going!
I think I agree with you on this one. Much more romantic. I love travelling by train.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day