Akio (ah-key-o)

He moved from Japan to Oahu. He loves the ocean and the beach. His example is the reason I started picking up trash off the beach. He is living proof that one person can make a difference. Now years later it is not unusual to see MANY people walking the beach picking up trash.


















SO ..it was in HORROR that I saw Akio cross paths with a shark on his "daily way out there",{he swims past those rocks u see in this picture} swim. The dark shadow in the water brought me to my feet, I couldnt yell he was toooo far out to hear me, and so I watched and prayed...









The shark swam the opposite way of Akio and then out of the blue dolphins surrounded Akio and brought him back to shore. Good ole Akio he gets out of the water sooooo excited, he says "Lani, dolphins,dolphins ,dolphins!!" LOL he never saw the shark, he never knew just how close that beautiful animal came to him..

I am an island gal....

Comments

I think both of you are pure examples of how the ocean excepts and nurtures those who is good to her.
robert said…
Can't say anything better than the above.
Leilani Tresise said…
Thanks guys! cant think of a better person than akio for the Ocean to harbor !

Popular posts from this blog

Winter island style

Returning Home

Dolphin Day